Last Updated: 4/1/2021
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
- YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND RIGHTS
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
- INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
- CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
- OTHER PROVISIONS
- CONTACT US
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us, our Services, and the requirements of applicable law. We collect information that you provide to us, information we obtain automatically when you use our Services, and information from other sources such as third-party services and organizations, as described below.
We may collect the following personal information that you provide to us.
- Account Creation. We may collect information when you create an account or sign into the Services, such as your name, email address, password, and other information that you have made available through your account.
- Your Communications with Us. We may collect personal information, such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, request customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
- Interactive Features. We and others who use our Services may collect personal information that you submit or make available through our interactive features (e.g., wish list items, commenting functionalities, forums, blogs, and social media pages). Any information you provide using the public sharing features of the Services (referred to herein as “User Content”) will be considered “public,” unless otherwise required by applicable law, and is not subject to the privacy protections referenced herein. Please exercise caution before revealing any information that may identify you in the real world to other users.
- Business Development and Strategic Partnerships. We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
- Information Collected Automatically
We may collect personal information automatically when you use our Services:
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, browser or device information, location information (including approximate location derived from IP address), and Internet service provider. We may also automatically collect information regarding your use of our Services, such as pages that you visit before, during and after using our Services, information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our Services.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in device browsers that store preferences and facilitate and enhance your experience.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in our Services that collects information about engagement on our Services. The use of a pixel tag allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
Our uses of these Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services, APIs, and tools that are required to identify irregular website behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality;
- Performance-Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how individuals use our Services (see Analytics below);
- Functionality-Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
- Advertising- or Targeting-Related. We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third-party websites.
See “Your Privacy Choices and Rights” below to understand your choices regarding these Technologies.
- Information Collected from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made available via your privacy settings.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Services, for administrative purposes, and to market our products and Services, as described below.
- Provide Our Services
We use your information to fulfill our contract with you and provide you with our Services, such as:
- Managing your information and accounts;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- Providing personalized features and content;
- Answering requests for customer or technical support;
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services, and policy changes;
- Processing your financial information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased;
- Processing applications if you apply for a job we post on our Services; and
- Allowing you to register for events.
- Pursuing our legitimate interests such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services;
- Short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads;
- Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Services;
- Developing new products and Services;
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
- Authenticating and verifying individual identities, including requests to exercise your rights under this policy;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors with our Services;
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities;
- Enforcing our agreements and policies; and
- Complying with our legal obligations.
We may use personal information to tailor and provide you with content and advertisements. We may provide you with these materials as permitted by applicable law.
Some of the ways we market to you include email campaigns, custom audiences advertising, and “interest-based” or “personalized advertising,” including through cross-device tracking.
We also use your information for other purposes as requested by you or as permitted by applicable law.
- Consent. We may use personal information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
- De-identified and Aggregated Information. We may use personal information and other information about you to create de-identified and/or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, information about the device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create.
4. HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We disclose your information to third parties for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Services, to protect us or others, or in the event of a major business transaction such as a merger, sale, or asset transfer, as described below.
- Disclosures to Provide our Services
The categories of third parties with whom we may share your information are described below.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers who use that information to help us provide our Services. This includes service providers that provide us with IT support, hosting, payment processing, customer service, and related services.
- Business Partners. We may share your personal information with business partners to provide you with a product or service you have requested. We may also share your personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services.
- Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our company affiliates.
- Other Users/Website Visitors. As described above in “Personal Information We Collect,” our Services allow you to share your profile and/or User Content with other Users and publicly, including to those who do not use our Services.
- Advertising Partners. We may share your personal information with third-party advertising partners. These third-party advertising partners may set Technologies and other tracking tools on our Services to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, cookie identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other services) for purposes of delivering personalized advertisements to you when you visit digital properties within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “personalized advertising.”
- APIs/SDKs. We may use third-party Application Program Interfaces (“APIs”) and Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services. For more information about our use of APIs and SDKs, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
5. YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Your Privacy Choices. The privacy choices you may have about your personal information are determined by applicable law and are described below.
- “Do Not Track.” Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
- Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising. You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. However, if you adjust your preferences, our Services may not work properly. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, you may opt-out of personalized advertisements on some mobile applications by following the instructions for Android, iOS and others.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, the European Digital Advertising Alliance, and the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada.
Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
Your Privacy Rights. In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Access Personal Information about you, including: (i) confirming whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtaining access to or a copy of your personal information; and (iii) receiving an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or asking us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”);
- Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information;
- Request Deletion of your personal information;
- Request Restriction of or Object to our processing of your personal information; and
- Withdraw your Consent to our processing of your personal information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
6. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using our Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Services, by mail or by sending an email to you.id="internationaldatatransfers" data-hs-anchor="true">
7. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We endeavor to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
8. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
9. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Information to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A. If you have any questions, please contact us as set forth below.
10. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has uploaded personal information to our site without your consent, you may contact us as described in “Contact Us” below. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of applicable law, we will delete any personal information we have collected, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it, and terminate the child’s account.
11. OTHER PROVISIONS
Third-Party Websites/Applications. The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Providing personal information to third-party websites or applications is at your own risk.
Supervisory Authority. If you are located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, the United Kingdom or Brazil, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
12. CONTACT US
691 S. Milpitas Blvd.
Milpitas, CA 95035