Digital transformation is behind the tremendous increase in API rollouts, enabling organizations to remain relevant and accelerate their business. APIs present new security risks, because APIs differ from software facing mainstream threats:
- APIs are published with no control over their use by clients, opening up an abuse mechanism.
- Many API use cases are machine-to-machine communication, rendering bot protections less effective.
- Organizations’ API estates change constantly as part of CI/CD strategies.
API Security Challenges & Neosec
API security presents several security challenges: First, many security teams lack experience with either APIs or their vulnerabilities. Second, the expansive growth of API deployments compromises visibility into the API landscape, Finally, APIs face both vulnerabilities and abuse. For the former, we can focus our attention on the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) API Top 10 Vulnerabilities. The OWASP API top 10 vulnerabilities are detected by the Neosec platform using a combination of signature matching and behavioral detection models.
Neosec offers the most powerful way to protect your APIs from business abuse and data theft. With it, you discover more APIs quicker. Our cloud-based API security platform uses big data, AI, and behavioral analytics to reveal API abuse that other platforms miss. Neosec makes it easy to investigate, threat hunt, and prevent business logic abuse across your API estate. Count on Neosec to help you find all the vulnerabilities identified in the OWASP API Top Ten list. And the Neosec platform goes well beyond vulnerabilities to identify crucial API abuses with AI and Big Data.
This brief will help you understand how the Neosec platform protects your business APIs and...
- Covers every OWASP Top 10 API threat
- Alerts on every type of OWASP vulnerability
- Addresses each vulnerability type